Who I am.
My website address is: https://www.danielhughesphotography.com. I’m a wedding photographer based in Nottingham.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
I want to protect your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all users of my web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data is being used lawfully. I take my responsibilities under the Data Protection Act, and in due course GDPR, very seriously and I want to comply with the spirit and the letter of the guidance provided by the Information Commissioners Office.
You can find information about the ICO at their website https://ico.org.uk/
I regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave this web site immediately.
I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
The law requires me to determine how I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
Information I process because I have a contractual obligation with you.
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may be personal information.
I may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes.
- sell products to you.
- provide you with my services.
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using my website.
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before we enter into a legal contract. I shall
continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information I process with your consent.
Where there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse my website or ask me to provide you more information about my business, including the products and services, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send me a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect me to reply.
Except where you have consented to my use of your information for a specific purpose, I do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally.
I continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me via email.
Information I process because I have a legal obligation.
I am subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, I must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. This can include your personal information.
Website usage information.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, I may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from the server. Cookies enable the web server to identify you to me, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use my website. The cookies I use may last for a single visit to the site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser) or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
- To record whether
for your visit, but unfortunately, my site will not work well for you.
- To allow essential parts of my web site to operate for you.
- To operate my content management system.
- To operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact me for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at my web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- To enhance security on my contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- To collect information about how visitors use my site. I use the information to improve your experience of my site and enable me to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited on the site.
- To store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time.
- To enable you to watch videos I have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
When I receive a complaint, I record all the information you have given to me. I use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires me to contact some other person, I may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint.
I may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service I provide, but not in a way that could identify anyone.
Use of site by children
I do not market to children, nor do I sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use my site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
Disclosure to Government and their agencies
I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they request, or if they have the proper authorisation.
Retention and Review or update or remove personally identifiable information
I keep your personal data only for as long as required by me to provide the services you have requested, comply with the law or to support a claim in court. You may review or update the information that I hold about you, or if you wish, request the removal of any information about you from my website.
Last updated: March 2020